Happy Super Bowl 50 Sunday everyone! I am not rooting for anybody really, I am just wanting the best one to win. May the odds be ever in the Broncos and the Panthers favor.
Back to the real reason I am here, I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Suzy over @ Crafts n’ Craziness! Thank you very much Suzy!
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award. Attach the logo to your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other blogs to give the award to.
My Blog Story:
Wow, it is kind of crazy that I still remember my blog story. Here is the story of how my wonderful blog was created.
On February 23rd, 2014, this blog was created by me and my mom. It all started on an afternoon and I was hanging out in the kitchen with my dad and my mom. I think that my mom was doing a blog post because at the time she had a blog called Paper Charm Designs and she did printables for parties and just printables altogether. My parents asked me if I wanted to start a blog and I was super excited.
Of course, I did one because if I did not you would not be seeing this post with your own eyes right now. Later on that night, me and my mom were in the kitchen and we were trying to think of blog names which was very hard to do. My mom said, “What kind of things do you like?” Even though she is my mom and she knows everything that I like, I named all of the things that I liked. Suddenly, glitter came out. Out yes, I like glitter. No wait, I love glitter. I don’t like the fact that it is messy, but I still love glitter. That is where the name came from.
Then, my mom made me a Pinterest account and she got me started by pinning some of the things that I like on boards she created. I still have some of those boards up on my account right now. Without my family, this blog would not be here. I am very thankful for my family.
To sum it all up, it all started in the kitchen.
My Advice to New Bloggers:
- Post a lot: Not everyday. When I first started, I wanted to post every single day of the week when I had time and sometimes I still do. If you really want to commit yourself to blogging, then you have to be active. Don’t post one day and then wait five months to post your second post. Then, viewers will forget all about your blog and then your blog will just be another fish in the sea.
- Interact with other bloggers: For example, if they comment on your blog, leave them a nice comment back on their blog. It made you smile, go make them smile. You can also add polls and questions towards the end of your posts! They will comment their opinions. You can also have contests and giveaways.
Now for the tagging. Maybe I can not tag ten people and I can just tag five. It isn’t cheating. It is called, “taking a shortcut.”
Thanks again Suzy for tagging me. Now for the most important question in the world, Broncos or Panthers? Tell me in the comments below!